Sunday, April 27, 2008

the small details

There is something both annoying and funny about clicking some link and finding the page displayed in Arabic. Even tho I have set all the preferences on my Mac, in the browser, and on many websites, I still get the occasional mistake. Even google, where I am always signed ino my gmail account sometimes randomly goes to Google.ae instead of google.com. At least I can just look at the bottom where this line shows up and click English.

البحث:
النطاق Google.ae متوفر باللغات: پارسی English हिन्दी اردو

Interestingly enough, right in the middle of typing this, someone came up to me and asked if I know why sometimes Google does the exact thing I am writing about.

Maybe Google does it for fun. Now if I could just get blogger.com to show up right. I still am not sure what 'create new post' looks like in Arabic. I have to go login on the dashboard page first.




1 comment:

Alexander said...

Irritating, innit?

It's 'cost Google did Arabic. Now they think that anyone logging in from an Arab world addy will want an Arabic interface.

Doh! Doh! Doh! (Repeat another 29 times)