Wednesday, June 18, 2008

TOTAL-ly annoying

Last night, on the way back from Chicago, our car got totaled. Yup, my car I've had since early college is no more.
While I was asleep (imagine my surprise as I awoke) Wes swerved to miss some deer who were leaping across 1-94. Well, when he swerved he lost control and rolled down the giant ditch until we landed sideways. I'd never been in a car accident really so it was kind of interesting.
We're fine for the most part (my right hand is cut up and some how the shattering glass windows gave me a slight hair cut but nothing that most will notice). But the cop was alluding at how lucky we are to have worn our seatbelt or we'd probably be dead or something. I bet they tell all the girls that.

So now we're in Watervilet, Michigan.. at the Ramada.

What does all of this mean to you, people in Michigan? Well, if I was supposed to come visit you it ain't gonna happen now. All the effort on visits is pushed to your side of the fence. We're done with the driving.

2 comments:

nelsestu said...

I am so glad to hear that you guys are both alright, and so sorry to hear about the accident. It certainly puts a damper on the homecoming. Stupid deer... it's like they purposely make their habitat the same place we built our roads. Can't they just get out of the way.

Having never heard of it, I looked up Watervliet, MI to see where you are. I am sorry I looked and hope that someone will be rescuing you soon.

Again so glad everyone is okay. Good luck with the rest of your trip.

kenzie said...

Hey Elysia, sorry to hear about the accident. I'm living in Kalamazoo with my brother at the moment, and the two of you would be welcome to stay with us instead of the Ramada. I would come and pick you up if need be. 269-779-1624

~Erin Kenzie