Wednesday, December 03, 2008

Apparently this is some kinda "big deal"

I could see the crowd gathering in our courtyard at work through my window. But I had no clue as to why.

"It's the trophy!" exclaimed a desk mate.

I could see it. It was big. It was shiny.. it was... "What is that?"

"It's THE trophy!!!" he stated again. "THE trophy."

I could see it was A trophy but had no clue as to why it was here or what it was an award for.

I left my desk for a closer look.

It was, I discovered, the Premier League trophy or as it's properly called: Barclays Premier League Trophy. Think the Stanley Cup of football (or soccer to most Americans).

While I was still generally, more or less, unimpressed. As seen here:
Photobucket

Wes worshiped it (or at least acted like he did to impress the Brits in the newsroom):
Photobucket

Photobucket

As to why it was there, in our courtyard in Abu Dhabi, far far away from it's current home of Manchester? You got me.

1 comment:

Nancy said...

I tried to control the urge, but just can't help it.....

Wes, I hope you cleaned off that spot on the trophy before you kissed it!

Motherly nagging moment over!