Saturday, August 30, 2008

The last two weeks of Monday Cake

I'm a bit behind with the big Monday Cake reveal (two weeks to be exact) so here's a feast for your eyes. Sadly, these will be the last Monday Cake pictures for some time as Ramadan begins Sept. 1 and signals a whole month of no food in the office.

Key lime pie (made with Indian limes)
My personal favorite thus far was this pie. Complete with homemade graham cracker crust and whipped cream. I was excited for the whipped cream because it gave me a chance to use my new piping bag.
Photobucket
Photobucket

Carmel cake
I actually didn't know such a cake recipe existed until I had a coworker request it. While the cake itself was a pretty easy one to make — unwrapping all the tiny caramels and melting them down was not. The icing for this cake also provided me a cooking lesson. I found myself making it twice! There is a fine line in cooking butter down to turn it a nut brown color and cooking butter down and burning it.
Photobucket
Photobucket

No comments: