Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Nothing to see here people, move along

I'm really glad I'm getting a UAE break in a few weeks. It's 21 days until Vegas now. And a bit more than that till Detroit. I desperately require dog cuddles.

While I get to talk to my mother a pretty good amount here, I am realizing how I have no other contact with anyone. While my grandmother will call every-other month, emails from my dad and a few random text messages/drunk dials from Ade ... well, that's it. Yes, I'm bitching. But not in an angry way. I know people are busy running their own lives and are just trying to keep in contact with those that live in the same town. It's just really really hard sometimes.

I miss getting mail. I miss phone calls. I miss knowing what people are doing over the weekend. And while Facebook was filling that void for a bit — well, it ain't doing it anymore. I feel so disconnected from people.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Heres what I do..... Once a week I come here to see what you and the ball and chain are up to....I miss you and want you to come back....so see I do check on you...I am just not as kewl as ade.....I aint gots no life!!!

Krissy