Wednesday, July 09, 2008

more water please!

As I walked home last night I was relieved how nice and cool the summer air was. Once the sun is down the oppressive heat goes down to a reasonable level of about 100F. Walking to work that day, was a different story. Humidity was approaching 70%, and the apparently temperature (which is the opposite of wind chill) which takes into account the actual temp and humidity to best explain the temp that it feels like was up to 125F. 10 or 15 minutes walking in 125 and its almost time for a shower again by the time I get to work.

This morning my sunglasses fogged up the instant I walked outside. People tend to think that we are in the desert, which we sort of are, and usually assume 'but its a dry heat, right?' Well, it is not a dry heat. Being right on the edge of the Arabian Gulf, we get all the humidity from the water, mixing with the burning heat from the sun and the deserts around us to get the most difficult of situations.

I am glad for A/C

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This place makes Las Vegas seem like an Alaskan ice box.

-Tyler