Sunday, July 13, 2008

Quick and dirty update

+ I've started a new tradition in the newsroom it seems, as I am the official baker of the "Monday Cake." This week's flavor is sour cream lemon.

+ Soon our apartment will carry the title of finished. I've been buying cute storage boxes to put our ugly things in. Our lights shall be hung soon. And one last rug will be bought. Then we will take pictures and host parties of the dinner variety.

+ I've been on a reading terror. I think Wes is actually amazed by this because the whole five years we've know each other he's never seen me finish a book. (I generally can't finish a book because 1.) I hate surprises so I read the last chapter first, thus, spoiling the book. 2.) Can't finish a book I'm not in love with. I feel like it's a general waste of time to read something I'm only feeling lukewarm about. Right now I'm half way through "The Man Who Ate the World" and am about to start a science of baking book.

+ The other thing consuming my life (but not Wes') is our upcoming wedding celebration. Yesterday I signed the paperwork and booked The Whitney! My dream venue, by far. That and I've been crunching the numbers. We're gonna be saving A LOT for this damn thing. There's no way I will allow us to charge it. We're just getting done with credit card debt! No need to do it all over again.

+ Wes and I will be taking a week off in December to travel somewhere. I don't think we've settled on a place yet but we've ruled out Europe because we don't wanna pay Christmas prices. I think it's down to Cairo or Istanbul for our one year anniversary getaway. I'm still pulling for Bangkok though.

+ My plans for my September Vegas work conference are just about settled! Sooooo excited for that! A few days stop in Detroit will also happen on the way back to tie up some loose ends.

No comments: