Saturday, July 19, 2008

This is what $2.3 billion will buy you

Neil and I decided we better go take a tour of the Sheikh Zayed Mosque. It's usually the first things tourists do and well, I have to say, it's one of the first sights I noticed when I arrived in the city.

Here's a few shots from our day trip just down the street from our apartments.

Photobucket
My arrival

Photobucket
Lots of gold plated marbled pillars

Photobucket
Outside in the courtyard

Photobucket
Wide shot

Photobucket
Neil looks up, way up

Photobucket
Getting dressed to enter the mosque
Photobucket
Men laugh as I struggle to figure this thing out
Photobucket
Tada! I almost look local

Photobucket
Inside the women's prayer room

Photobucket
Photobucket
The world's largest chandler, hanging from the world's largest dome, above the world's largest carpet.

Photobucket
Carpet close up

Photobucket
Photobucket
More lighting

Photobucket
Glam outside

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I TOLD you they would suck you in!!!! all your missing is the burka!!!