Monday, July 21, 2008

RIP Ugly Palm Tree

On my way to work, I always pass by the Ugly Palm. It is how palm trees really look when they are not trimmed and beautified as you would see in a movie or at a resort.

By the time I get to Ugly Palm, which is about 2/3 of the way to work I am starting to get hot and sweaty, so this palm has represented the point at which I begin thinking "ok I am almost there, just a little farther!".

Except a couple of days ago, on my way to see it, I noticed that the green top of it was missing! What happened to it?!

Well, I arrived at the tree and found the top 3 meters laying on the ground below. It had fallen off! I was surprised, and then began wondering if it had managed to land on a car since it was laying in a parking spot.

Now my new waypoint is Dead Ugly Palm, and it just isnt the same anymore.RIP ugly palm

No comments: