Sunday, March 02, 2008

The big 2-6

My birthday is quickly approaching. T-minus 20 days and counting (21 if you count the actual day).

So, what's a girl in the desert to do for her birthday?

Let's see what our options are:
a.) Go to Dubai and go out to dinner/club.
b.) Do what most people here have been doing and do a big birthday dinner/drinks.
c.) Go to the bar and/or have a party.
d.) Something else.

While all sounds kinda appealing... I think I'm gonna do something else.

I'd love to take a flight somewhere and have a long weekend in another country but Wes doesn't have his residence visa yet and that makes it near impossible to leave (and come back). My other idea is to get a VERY nice hotel room in either the Royal Meridien or the Hilton. But I don't just want to stay at a hotel for a night. I want to stay on the highest/executive floor. You know, the floor that is all you can eat and drink. That totally makes it worth while.

Sadly the Emirates Palace is booked. But I don't really have $15,000 for a room anyway. We'll see what the Royal Meridien has today.

3 comments:

Nancy said...

Have you checked out VRBO? Theres a one bedroom on there as well as a couple of three bedrooms if you were going to make a party of it!

http://www.vrbo.com/128266

Nancy said...

Oh, and btw, really save up for your 27th, the 27th is a killer for some reason. :-(

Elysia said...

I've decided not to go to Dubai because, well, it's kinda a bit more work (finding a ride there and back)... plus cabs are more expensive there, as are hotels.

I did get a ROYAL room at Le Royal Meridien tho!