Monday, March 03, 2008

Just like trading cards

Wes came to the Middle East without a large supply of passport photos. Needless to say, but, big mistake.

Not only do you need an official letter of approval to do anything here (open a bank account, get a drivers license, get an alcohol license, get your visa, etc.) but you need lots of passport photos accompanying said letters. Who knows what they do with them — they just need them.

Even on his first day at work HR asked him for multiple sets.

So a few days ago I instructed Wes to go across the street and get 40 made. Yes, 40.

This is the end result (now you can see his stash):
Photobucket

And this is the little extra bonus photo they threw in his packet:
Photobucket

Precious.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

It's like a little Valentine for you.

nelsestu said...

With all the descriptions of Wes' stache, I have been preparing myself for the worst. The anticipation has been killing me trying to picture Wes with a huge handlebar monstrosity but nothing could have prepared me for the horror that the photo company included in the photo packet. That "bonus" picture turned spooky into frightening. Fortunately I will still sleep well tonight knowing that this creepy stache is on the other side of the world. I was at work when I first saw it and I laughed far to loud for the cubical setting. Nicely done Wes!

Jessica said...

It's a cowboy's Valentine. I'm very impressed with it.