Sunday, January 20, 2008

A few sights around Abu Dhabi

Here's a few snap shots from my walk on Saturday afternoon. I apologize for the crappy quality but I have limited battery power. Soon we'll get a better camera.

Giant fountain outside of my hotel.
Each traffic circle actual has some type of sculpture or fountain like this. When it gets warm outside people tend to play in them.
Photobucket

GIANT portrait of Abu Dhabi's beloved leader.
What his name is? Yea... I forget.
Photobucket
Close up.
Photobucket

Abu Dhabi and the water.
Photobucket
Crystal clear.
Photobucket

Self portrait. (Note: I am shielding my eyes from the insanely bright sun.)
Photobucket

Look who's coming to town.
Who said the UAE doesn't enjoy the gays?
Photobucket

Marina Mall (AKA The Circus)
Photobucket

Girl rides mechanical camel. Elysia sees this and leaves.
Photobucket

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy to see that you made it safe and sound (even if your things did not)Meg just gave me this site. Will be following your adventures with much interest and pride.

Much Love
Stacia

Anonymous said...

so can you explain the mechanical camel a little?? Is it like the mechanical horses at meijer or does it actually walk around? I am confused...at first i thought it was like a mechanical bull at cowgirls inc....haha!