Monday, January 21, 2008

This is a true story

Buildings don't have addresses here. No, I am not joking.
And with that, there are no postal services in receiving mail. Nothing will ever be delivered to my apartment. Sure you can get mail in the UAE. Sure you can send it out. But to receive mail here you must have a P.O. Box and that costs (lots of) money. Therefor, I will not be buying a P.O. Box. Like everyone else at work, I'll be mooching off of the company.

Send all love to:

Elysia Smith
Abu Dhabi Media Company
English language newspaper
P.O. Box 791
Abu Dhabi
United Arab Emirates


The mail will find me. Packages are OK through the P.O. Box as well... just make sure they are sturdy boxes (see previous post on shipping boxes).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

HEY! What a great blog. I can *hear* your voice and, as a result, have laughed inappropriately at my desk a couple times reading these entries. Glad you both have arrived safely and that you're having a good time! Hi to Wes!