Monday, January 28, 2008

Home sweet hotel

Yes, I'm still living in a hotel.

I'm still eating room service. Still finding chocolate on my pillow. Still watching wonderful programs like "Shaq's Big Challange."

My apartment is ready. It's just not "ready" ready. It's built but it doesn't have electricity yet. And nobody knows when it will have electricity. Sort of a bummer. Sort of not.

It comes down to this really: Hotel is free and apartment is not and I don't start paying for the apartment until I move in. Did I mention how much rent is? It's about $2000 a month.... AND apparently that's a DEAL.

I did get a quick look at my apartment last week though.
This is what I'll be moving into (eventually). OH! And I got us a one bedroom on the top floor. Woohoo "penthouse"!

Photobucket
Outside of building
It's located a few blocks from work (actually very close.. which saves me cab money) and is snug in the middle of a lively neighborhood (cafes, laundry, grocery stores, restaurants).

Photobucket
Living room/bedroom
Not one in the same. It's just that both photos look so similar so I just posted one. I think the windows in the bedroom are larger and more square. Both rooms are good size.

Photobucket
Bathroom
Kinda smallish (but bigger than the last bathroom I had). It comes complete with sink, toilet, shower/bathtub AND a BIDET!

Photobucket
Photobucket
Kitchen minus appliances
Stove and fridge sold separately... meaning I have to buy them. Apartments in the UAE do not come "furnished." I hear we are lucky to even have kitchen cabinets.

No comments: