Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Sex does NOT sell

I keep telling people I am in Las Vegas. It's the closest comparison I can come up with.

Think about it.

I am in the desert.
It is warm all of the time. And it is hot most of the time.
Hotels are abundant. Everything is big and flashy.
Buffets, big shows (Elton John is tonight), taxis, over-the-top malls and conventions galore (my hotel is currently hosting the World Future Energy Summit).

But Abu Dhabi lacks one thing Vegas is famous for: Sin.

Abu Dhabi is the pure Vegas. Alcohol and clubs are tucked away at hotels. Gambling? What's that? Needless to say, you can forget about anything related to sex.

Advertising never features half-clothed women (or men). There are no pouty lips or daring necklines.

Going in to have a Mudslide (last night's craving) at the TGIF even turned up this.
(Look closely at all of the drink names.)

Photobucket

Have you ever drank a "Fun on the Beach"?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

All i have to say about this is...HILARITY!

Elissa said...

Hahaha that's great.

I almost wish it was something like First Base on the Beach

Anonymous said...

I think you're living in a mirrage. Wait, the city is a mirrage... LOVE YOU.

Anonymous said...

HA!HA!HA!